Saturday, January 19, 2013

More Rare Cambodian Rock | CSP Disc 11


 
Listen to track 7

 
Listen to track 14


You've heard 15 before, right?

Get the whole 17-track CD here.

Another rock-solid--if slower, bluesier--collection of Cambodian rock from the 1960s-70s, found at Thai-Cam Video on Foster Road in Portland, Oregon last month. I have one more of these that I'll post soon, as well as several more-or-less contemporary Cambodian, Lao, Thai and Vietnamese albums plucked from the City of Roses. Plus, I just got a rather impressive new stash of Tamil Film CDs, Bengali modern songs, more Bappi Lahiri than you can shake a Bappi at--and a few other surprises waiting in the wings.

4 comments:

Dolmance said...

Man, you are on a tear. I'm so happy with this. Again, thanks.

Richard said...

I thought the first cut sounded like Indonesian dangdut. Sure enough, a friend of mine who knows a lot more about dangdut identified it as a slow-tempo version of the song "Bang Toyib." He pointed me to this version: http://youtu.be/caKzMpTXB4I. Enjoy!

Dolmance said...

My toes are curled up. My nose is lit up and blinking on and off. I'm having eargasms.

Thank you. I needed that.

Mikey B. said...

Gary could you re-post this volume of Cambodian Rock? Congratulations on finding CDs at Phnom Penh Market in Seattle. When I went there looking for the same they attempted to sell me a Pan Ron and Sinn Sisamouth VCD and suggested I try White Center.