Saturday, May 11, 2013

Various | Roots of Cambodian Rock


 

Grab this mind-blowing collection here.

I'm tempted to post every single song to Soundcloud because this is one of those records where your first impulse is grab the lapels of everyone who passes by your bodega and pull them in, throw them into the chair, and crank up the volume.

This isn't what it looks like. It's not a Cambodian rock album. It's traditional Cambodian music. Some sounds like it could be Sinn Sithamouth or Ros Sereysothea singing, perhaps, and if so, that would explain the cover. But, trust me, I don't care how massive the Cambodian album posse you've managed to assemble over the years, you haven't heard anything quite like this. I sure hadn't before this evening when I popped the disc into Mr. Smarto. (My computer. I'm a bodega proprietor; I'm required to spew a certain amount of colorful, idiosyncratic language.) 

3 comments:

Holly said...

This IS great, Gary - thank you!

Kristofer Svensson said...

Wow! Thank you!! Sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

So amazing traditional Cambodian music, But can you share the whole CD track again?
The link said: (The file you are trying to access is no longer available publicly).
Thank you!