Friday, May 3, 2013

Various Cambodian 60s Singers | Mini Ago-Go


Want it? Ago-go here.


Found last night on my way to meet my good friend Carol, with whom I saw the legendary Jonas Mekas's recent film Outtakes from the Life of a Happy Man. At one point, Jonas, who is now 90 years old, kept insisting: "These are not my memories. This is not memory. This is real. What you are looking at is real. This is all real." 

If you want to be reduced to a blubbering emotional idiot on the verge of an uncontrollable weeping jag, you could do worse than sit in an intimate movie theater watching images shot in the 60s and 70s flicker by as a very, very old man -- indeed, the man who shot them -- insists that this has nothing to do with his memory, but what is, in fact, taking place.

The songs on this rather life-affirming Cambodian a-go-go compilation are also very much taking place. 

4 comments:

mishka said...

Thank you as always!

Crafty C said...

cool!! thank you gary!!

:)

Holly said...

Wonderful, Gary. Thank you!

Sterling Cale said...

Thank you for sharing this. Fantastic collection of tunes!!!

I recently bought an great Poev Vannary compilation cd. Hope you don't mind the plug, but I've posted it on my blog:

http://maggotcaviar.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/poev-vannary-mietophoum-collection-cd.html