Saturday, April 6, 2013

DAM | Dabke on the Moon



Listen to "Street Poetry"

 
Listen to "Been around the World"

 
Listen to "Mama, I Fell in Love with a Jew" 

Pick it up here

 "... but if you wanna make tough love, too/ for a change can I be the one to handcuff you?"

Founded in 1999, Palestine's first hip-hop band DAM (Mahmoud Jreri and brothers Suhell and Tamer Nafar) have recorded 100+ singles and released two albums, the first of which you can pick up here

My friend Carol & I saw them last Sunday at Drom in Manhattan, which is where I picked up this, their second album. So exhausted I can't write more about the show, but be advised that they are so, so worth going to see if they wind up performing in your town.

3 comments:

Crafty C said...

i just got around to listening to this tonight and OMG!!!! i LOVE it!

thanks gary!!!

Puaj said...

Please, could you re-upload the album? Thank you so much!

Puaj said...

Please, could you re-upload the album? Thank you so much!