Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bappi Lahiri | Namak Halaal and Sharaabi



Listen to "Jawani Jan-E-Man" from Namak Halaal 

 
Listen to "Thodisi Jo Pee Lee Hai" from Namak Halaal

 
Listen to "De De Pyar De" from Sharaabi 

Get both soundtracks here.

Another winner from Bollywood's sexiest sexagenarian, Bappi Lahiri. In truth, I picked this up years ago, mainly for Sharaabi's "De De Pyar De," which I loved. I still haven''t seen Namak Halaal, though it has the far superior soundtrack. Both films star Amitabh Bachchan, aka "The Big B"--virtually the single most popular human being on the planet. (When I saw him live at Lincoln Center many years ago the ovation when he came out on stage was like what you'd have expected for the Beatles ca. 1964.) 

I'm up in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., for work tonight and a bit of tomorrow; we'll see what I'm able to post while here (I have several things in the queue). Meanwhile, I'm guessing you're going to enjoy this evening's double soundtrack if you pull it down and give it a listen ...

2 comments:

Holly said...

Namak Halaal. - Oh my heavens. Yet another instant fave.

Gary, genius, thank you.

DubMe said...

I see this is an older post... but any chance for a re-up of "Bappi Lahiri - Namak Halaal"?! I just came across a mix with one song from this album - curious how the rest is... Thanks :)

DubMe